600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Welcome to Calvary Moravian
Daily Text for Tuesday, March 11th
Watchword For the Day
The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their cry.Psalm 34:15
Jesus says, “And will not God grant justice to his chosen ones who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long in helping them? I tell you, he will quickly grant justice to them.”Luke 18:7-8
Lord, we know that you answer our prayers; yet we struggle between prayer and answer. Teach us patience to wait upon your will; grant us serenity to abide. Help us to understand the righteousness of your time and timing. Amen.
Calvary Moravian Church has been sharing the love of God in the heart of Winston-Salem since 1893! You might say we're a traditional church with a contemporary message. We hope this website will help familiarize you with our ministry and answer any questions you might have. As a result of your visit, we do hope you'll plan to come and be our guest at worship one Sunday or feel free to participate in any of our ministries
If you're looking for a place to belong, where you can be accepted and loved, Calvary Moravian might just be the place for you.
Second Sunday in Lent
March 16, 2014, Worship, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am
News & Events
- NEW! Calvary Weekly News: March 6-16, 2014
- "Month At A Glance": March 2014
- 2014 Lenten Day of Prayer Schedule
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications!
- A WINSTON-SALEM WINTER OVERFLOW SHELTER for the homeless of Winston-Salem has been established by local churches and sanctioned by city leaders through March 31. See information here for how you can volunteer for this important effort.
- March 11, 2014, Music and Worship Committee, 6:30 pm (Burke Room)
- March 11, 2014, Circle #3, 7:00 pm (residence of Mel Stocks)
- March 12, 19 and 26, 2014, Calvary @ The Table Wednesday Programs, Dinner at 5:00 pm, Programs at 6:00 pm
- March 14, 2014, April 2014 Newsletter Closing Date
- March 16, 2014, Second Sunday in Lent, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- March 16, 2014, Calvary Ringers Rehearsal, 9:00 am
- March 17, 2014, Joint Board, 6:30 pm, followed by Elders and Trustees meetings at 7:00 pm
- March 23, 2014, Third Sunday in Lent, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- March 23, 2014, Calvary Ringers Rehearsal, 9:00 am
- March 26, 2014, Calvary Day of Prayer Lovefeast, 11:00 am, The Reverend Ramona C. Prestwood, speaker; Click here for parking instructions.
- March 30, 2014, Fourth Sunday in Lent, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- March 30, 2014, Calvary Ringers Rehearsal, 9:00 am
- March 30, 2014, First Easter Band Rehearsal, 2:15 pm (Home Church Sanctuary)
- March 31, 2014, April 2014 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- April 3-6, 2014 (Thursday-Sunday), Southern Province Synod (Black Mountain, NC)
- April 6, 2014, Fifth Sunday in Lent, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- April 6, 2014, Second Easter Band Rehearsal, 2:15 pm (Home Church Sanctuary)
- April 7 and 14, 2014, Strategic Task Force Meeting, 6:30 pm (Parlor)
- April 13, 2014, Palm Sunday, Worship with "Hosanna" anthem at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- April 13, 2014, Final Easter Band Rehearsal, 2:15 pm (Home Church Sanctuary)
- April 13, 2014, Palm Sunday Evening Worship and Reading Service, 7:00 pm
- April 14-16, 2014, Holy Week Reading Services, 7:00 pm
- April 17, 2014, Maundy Thursday, Holy Communion at 7:00 pm
- April 18, 2014, Good Friday, Crucifixion Service at 2:15 pm, Good Friday Lovefeast at 7:00 pm
- April 19, 2014, Great Sabbath, Service of Music of Salem Congregation, 7:00 pm (at Home Church)
- April 20, 2014, Easter Sunday, The Resurrection Service, 6:00 am, The Right Reverend Lane A. Sapp, presiding minister (begins in front of Home Church)
- April 20, 2014, Easter Sunday Morning Worship at Calvary, 11:00 am (no Sunday School)
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).