600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Welcome to Calvary Moravian
Daily Text for Friday, December 19th
Watchword For the Day
I will forgive their iniquity, and remember their sin no more.Jeremiah 31:34
The angel said to Joseph, “Mary will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”Matthew 1:21
Come, O long-expected Jesus, free us from all of our wrongdoing so that we might be reconciled unto you. Amen.
Calvary Moravian Church has been sharing the love of God in the heart of Winston-Salem since 1893! You might say we're a traditional church with a contemporary message. We hope this website will help familiarize you with our ministry and answer any questions you might have. As a result of your visit, we do hope you'll plan to come and be our guest at worship one Sunday or feel free to participate in any of our ministries
If you're looking for a place to belong, where you can be accepted and loved, Calvary Moravian might just be the place for you.
Fourth Sunday of Advent
December 21, 2014, "Nine Lessons and Carols" Service - 11:00 am, Sunday School - 9:45 am
News & Events
- NEW! "Calvary Weekly News": December 19-28, 2014
- "Calvary Mid-Month Update" Newsletter for December 2014. Other Calvary publications available under "Downloads and Links."
- "Month at a Glance": December 2014
- December 21, 2014, Fourth Sunday of Advent, "Lessons and Carols" Service, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am
- December 24, 2014, Christmas Eve Lovefeasts, 11:00 am, 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- December 25, 2014, Christmas Day: The Nativity of Our Lord
- December 25-26, 2014, Christmas Holidays, Church Office closed both days
- December 28, 2014, First Sunday after Christmas, "Readings and Carols" Service, 11:00 am (no Sunday School)
- December 31, 2014, January 2015 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- December 31, 2014, New Year's Eve Watchnight Lovefeast, 11:00 pm (at Konnoak Moravian)
- January 1, 2015, New Year's Day Holiday, Church Office Closed
- January 4, 2015, Second Sunday after Christmas, Epiphany Communion, 11:00 am, Installation of the Joint Board during worship, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- January 11, 2015, First Sunday after the Epiphany and observance of The Baptism of Our Lord, Sunday School at 9:45 am; Worship at 11:00 am
- January 18, 2015, Second Sunday after the Epiphany, Sunday School, 9:45 am; Worship, 11:00 am
- January 19, 2015, Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday, Church Office Closed
- January 25, 2015, Third Sunday after the Epiphany, Sunday School, 9:45 am; Worship, 11:00 am
- January 26, 2015, Joint Board, 6:30 pm, Elders and Trustees meetings to follow
- January 28, 2015, Calvary @ The Table Wednesday evening dinner and programs resume, 5:00 pm
- January 29, 2015, Catechism Classes resume, 4:00 pm
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).