600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Welcome to Calvary Moravian
Daily Text for Sunday, February 26th
Last Sunday after the Epiphany Transfiguration of our LordSunday, February 26
Watchword for the Week
God said, “This is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am well pleased; listen to him!”Matthew 17:5
Watchword For the Day
Lord, you give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.Nehemiah 9:6
In him was life, and the life was the light of all people.John 1:4
Giver of light and life, we praise you for your love and care for us and those around us. You desire wholeness for each of us, and shine your light to guide us in new and loving ways. Forgiven, and in life anew, we say Amen.
Calvary Moravian Church has been sharing the love of God in the heart of Winston-Salem since 1893! You might say we're a traditional church with a contemporary message. We hope this website will help familiarize you with our ministry and answer any questions you might have. As a result of your visit, we do hope you'll plan to come and be our guest at worship one Sunday or feel free to participate in any of our ministries
If you're looking for a place to belong, where you can be accepted and loved, Calvary Moravian might just be the place for you.
February 26, 2017, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
News & Events
- Calvary Weekly News: February 17-26, 2017
- Calvary Congregation Watchword for 2017 (drawn on January 1): [Jesus Christ spoke to his disciples:] "I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
- NEW! March 2017 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- Latest Calvary Calendar: February 2017
- February 26, 2017, Transfiguration Sunday, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- February 28, 2017, Stephens Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- March 1, 2017, Ash Wednesday, Pancake Supper, 5:00 pm (Fellowship Hall), Service of Holy Communion and the Imposition of Ashes, 6:30 pm (Sanctuary)
- March 5, 2017, First Sunday in Lent, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship with Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- March 5, 2017, Day of Prayer Lovefeast at Christ Moravian Church, 2:00 pm, The Reverend Kelly Moore, speaker
- March 22, 2017, Day of Prayer at Calvary, Reception, 9:45 am (Fellowship Hall), Worship, 11:00 am (Sanctuary), The Reverend Dr. Nola Reed Knouse, speaker
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.