600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Welcome to Calvary Moravian
Daily Text for Saturday, November 1st
All Saints DaySaturday, November 1
Watchword for All Saints Day
Salvation belongs to our God who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb!Revelation 7:10
Watchword For the Day
How great are your works, O Lord! Your thoughts are very deep!Psalm 92:5
We have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit that is from God, so that we may understand the gifts bestowed on us by God.1 Corinthians 2:12
Leader of saints, help us to remember those holy brothers and sisters who built your church. May we hear their words, learn their deeds, and continue their work in the world. In your name we pray. Amen.
Calvary Moravian Church has been sharing the love of God in the heart of Winston-Salem since 1893! You might say we're a traditional church with a contemporary message. We hope this website will help familiarize you with our ministry and answer any questions you might have. As a result of your visit, we do hope you'll plan to come and be our guest at worship one Sunday or feel free to participate in any of our ministries
If you're looking for a place to belong, where you can be accepted and loved, Calvary Moravian might just be the place for you.
21st Sunday after Pentecost
November 2, 2014, Worship - 11:00 am, Sunday School - 9:45 am, Stewardship Lunch & Church Council after worship
News & Events
- DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ENDS -- SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2. Turn your clocks back one hour!
- NEW and JUST RELEASED!! November 2014 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter
- "Calvary Weekly News": October 24-November 2, 2014
- "Month at a Glance": October 2014
- NEW! "Month at a Glance": November 2014
- November 2, 2014, 21st Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, 2014 Stewardship Emphasis begins, Stewardship Luncheon and Fall Church Council after worship (Fellowship Hall)
- November 9, 2014, 22nd Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, Stewardship Emphasis continues
- November 12, 2014, Last Wednesday Weekly 12 Noon Bible Study until January 2015 (Burke)
- November 16, 2014, 23rd Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, Stewardship Emphasis continues
- November 23, 2014, Christ the King Sunday, Stewardship Commitment Sunday and Thanksgiving lovefeast, 11:00 am
- November 28, 2014, Decoration of the sanctuary and church building for Advent and Christmas (afternoon and evening)
- November 30, 2014, First Sunday in Advent, Worship with Advent Liturgy and "Hosanna" anthem at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).