600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Welcome to Calvary Moravian
Daily Text for Thursday, May 23rd
Watchword For the Day
All people are grass, their constancy is like the flower of the field. The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand forever.Isaiah 40:6,8
Christ says, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.”Luke 21:33
Almighty God, when we are bogged down by the petty matters of life, give us perspective. Remind us that our real home is with you and we will worship and enjoy you in the heavenly kingdom forever! Amen.
Calvary Moravian Church has been sharing the love of God in the heart of Winston-Salem since 1893! You might say we're a traditional church with a contemporary message. We hope this website will help familiarize you with our ministry and answer any questions you might have. As a result of your visit, we do hope you'll plan to come and be our guest at worship one Sunday or feel free to participate in any of our ministries
If you're looking for a place to belong, where you can be accepted and loved, Calvary Moravian might just be the place for you.
May 26, 2013, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
News & Events
- "Calvary Weekly News" for May 16-26, 2013: CLICK HERE!
- The 24th Moravian Music Festival will be held in Bethlehem, PA July 14-20, 2013. For information and online registration, go to www.moravianmusicfestival.org, OR call the Moravian Music Foundation at 336.725.0651. Bus transportation from Winston-Salem to Bethlehem is available, and you may reserve your spot on the bus by contacting Calvary member Barbara Howard. REGISTER NOW FOR THE FESTIVAL!! CLICK HERE for a quick summary of the festival and schedule for the week!
- The Women's Fellowship Annual Dinner and Meeting is June 3, 2013. Click here for details and reservation information.
- Moravian Heritage Night with the Winston-Salem Dash, June 7, 7:00 pm game time. Click here for details and ticket order form! Orders must be received by the Dash by May 24!
- Calvary's monthly publications including the "Calvary Connection" newsletter, the "Calvary Connection EXTRA!" newsletter supplement, the "What's It 2 Youth" newsletter, and the current church calendar are available below under "Downloads and Links." Additionally copies of all publications may be found in the church narthex and in the church foyer.
- May 23, 2013, Calvary Moravian Friends (C.M.F.) to Odell Cheek's lake house
- May 27, 2013, Memorial Day and Provincial Holiday, Church Office Closed
- May 28, 2013, Stephen Ministry Meetings, 6:00 pm
- May 29, 2013, June 2013 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- May 29, 2013, Weekly Bible Study, 12 Noon and 6:00 pm (last weekly Bible Study for the spring; resumes again in early August)
- May 29, 2013, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm (last rehearsal prior to summer season)
- June 2, 2013, Second Sunday after Pentecost and Graduate Recognition Sunday, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- June 3, 2013, Women's Fellowship Annual Dinner and Meeting, 6:00 pm (Fellowship Hall)
- June 4, 2013, Salem Band and Winston-Salem 100th Centennial Concert, Salem Square, pre-concert at 6:30 pm, regular concert and program, 7:30 pm
- June 9, 2013, Third Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- June 16, 2013, Fourth Sunday after Pentecost and Father's Day, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- June 23, 2013, Fifth Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- June 30, 2013, Sixth Sunday after Pentecost and Observance of National Occasions, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- July 7, 2013, Seventh Sunday after Pentecost and observance of the Martyrdom of Jan Hus, Worship with Holy Communion at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- Salem Congregation Rules and Regulations: Click on www.salemcongregation.org and select "Rules and Regulations."
- Latest Rules, Regulations and Costs for Burial in God's Acre: Click here.