600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Worship services at Calvary are traditional and consist of a combination of liturgy (responsive written prayer forms), a rich tradition of hymns and choral music, prayer, scripture readings and sermon. Sermons seek to help the worshiper discover the relevance of faith and its practical application for daily living.
Worship services often include the two Sacraments of the Protestant faith: Baptism and Holy Communion. In our community anyone who confesses Christ as Lord is welcome at His Table.
Sunday Worship Service:
In This Section
News & Events
- GRADUATING THIS SPRING? Please call the church office with graduate information. Graduates will be recognized during worship on May 31!
- NEW! "Calvary Weekly News": May 22-31, 2015
- May 2015 "Calvary Mid-Month Update" newsletter. Other Calvary publications available under "Downloads and Links."
- "Month at a Glance": May 2015
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- May 26, 2015, Stephen Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- May 27, 2015, June 2015 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- May 27, 2015, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- May 31, 2015, Trinity Sunday, and Youth/Baccalaureate Sunday, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 1, 2015, Music and Worship Committee, 6:30 pm (Burke)
- June 8, 2015, Missions Committee, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- June 7, 2015, Second Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 10, 2015, July 2015 Newsletter Closing Date/Time, 4:30 pm
- June 14, 2015, Third Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 21, 2015, Fourth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 24, 2015, July 2015 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- June 28, 2015, Fifth Sunday after Pentecost and Observance of National Occasions, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 3, 2015, July 4th Holiday (Church Office closed)
- July 4, 2015, Independence Day Morning Worship (sponsored by Home Church), 8:30 am (Salem Square)
- July 5, 2015, Sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, John Hus Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2015 Watchword: "I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6).