600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Worship services at Calvary are traditional and consist of a combination of liturgy (responsive written prayer forms), a rich tradition of hymns and choral music, prayer, scripture readings and sermon. Sermons seek to help the worshiper discover the relevance of faith and its practical application for daily living.
Worship services often include the two Sacraments of the Protestant faith: Baptism and Holy Communion. In our community anyone who confesses Christ as Lord is welcome at His Table.
Sunday Worship Service:
In This Section
News & Events
- Calvary Weekly News: February 17-26, 2017
- Calvary Congregation Watchword for 2017 (drawn on January 1): [Jesus Christ spoke to his disciples:] "I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
- NEW! March 2017 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- Latest Calvary Calendar: February 2017
- February 26, 2017, Transfiguration Sunday, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- February 28, 2017, Stephens Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- March 1, 2017, Ash Wednesday, Pancake Supper, 5:00 pm (Fellowship Hall), Service of Holy Communion and the Imposition of Ashes, 6:30 pm (Sanctuary)
- March 5, 2017, First Sunday in Lent, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship with Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- March 5, 2017, Day of Prayer Lovefeast at Christ Moravian Church, 2:00 pm, The Reverend Kelly Moore, speaker
- March 22, 2017, Day of Prayer at Calvary, Reception, 9:45 am (Fellowship Hall), Worship, 11:00 am (Sanctuary), The Reverend Dr. Nola Reed Knouse, speaker
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.