600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Worship services at Calvary are traditional and consist of a combination of liturgy (responsive written prayer forms), a rich tradition of hymns and choral music, prayer, scripture readings and sermon. Sermons seek to help the worshiper discover the relevance of faith and its practical application for daily living.
Worship services often include the two Sacraments of the Protestant faith: Baptism and Holy Communion. In our community anyone who confesses Christ as Lord is welcome at His Table.
Sunday Worship Service:
In This Section
News & Events
- NEW and JUST RELEASED!! November 2014 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter
- "Calvary Weekly News": October 24-November 2, 2014
- "Month at a Glance": October 2014
- NEW! "Month at a Glance": November 2014
- October 30, 2014, Catechism Class, 4:00 pm
- October 30, 2014, Stewardship Committee, 6:30 pm (Burke)
- November 2, 2014, Daylight Savings Time Ends, 2:00 am (set your clocks back one hour!)
- November 2, 2014, 21st Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, 2014 Stewardship Emphasis begins, Stewardship Luncheon and Fall Church Council after worship (Fellowship Hall)
- November 9, 2014, 22nd Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, Stewardship Emphasis continues
- November 12, 2014, Last Wednesday Weekly 12 Noon Bible Study until January 2015 (Burke)
- November 16, 2014, 23rd Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, Stewardship Emphasis continues
- November 23, 2014, Christ the King Sunday, Stewardship Commitment Sunday and Thanksgiving lovefeast, 11:00 am
- November 28, 2014, Decoration of the sanctuary and church building for Advent and Christmas (afternoon and evening)
- November 30, 2014, First Sunday in Advent, Worship with Advent Liturgy and "Hosanna" anthem at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).