600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Worship services at Calvary are traditional and consist of a combination of liturgy (responsive written prayer forms), a rich tradition of hymns and choral music, prayer, scripture readings and sermon. Sermons seek to help the worshiper discover the relevance of faith and its practical application for daily living.
Worship services often include the two Sacraments of the Protestant faith: Baptism and Holy Communion. In our community anyone who confesses Christ as Lord is welcome at His Table.
Sunday Worship Service:
In This Section
News & Events
- NEW! Calvary Weekly News: June 30-July 10, 2016
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- NEW! July 2016 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- June 2016 Calendar
- NEW! July 2016 Calendar
- July 3, 2016, Seventh Sunday after Pentecost and Observance of "National Occasions," Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 4, 2016, Independence Day Holiday/Provincial Holiday (Church Office closed all day)
- July 4, 2016, Independence Day Service, 8:30 am (Salem Square), sponsored by Home Church; Moravian Band prelude beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- July 5, 2016, Salem Band Concert, 7:30 pm (Salem Square); theme: "Annual Patriotic Concert"
- July 6, 2016, Stewardship Committee, 6:30 pm (Burke)
- July 10, 2016, Eighth Sunday after Pentecost and 601st Anniversary of the Martyrdom of John Hus on July 6, 1415, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- July 11, 2016, Safe Sanctuary Committee, 3:30 pm (Burke)
- July 13, 2016, Calvary Moravian Friends Planning, 10:15 am (Burke)
- July 13, 2016, August 2016 Newsletter Closing, 4:30 pm
- July 14, 2016, Christian Education Committee, 6:30 pm (Burke)
- July 17, 2016, Ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 18, 2016, Joint Board, 6:30 pm (Fellowship Hall), followed by Elders and Trustees meetings
- July 24, 2016, Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 24-28, 2016, Twin City Embrace (VBS) Program, events and times to be announced
- July 27, 2016, August 2016 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- July 28, 2016, Calvary Moravian Friends Trip to Wohlfahrt Haus Dinner Theater in Wytheville, VA (departure time from Calvary to be announced)
- July 31, 2016, Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's 2016 Congregational Watchword (drawn on January 3, 2016): "For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light - for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true." (Ephesians 5:8-9)
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.