600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Easter Sunrise Service
The journey through Lent and Holy Week ends with a glorious celebration of Christ’s Resurrection at sunrise on Easter morning. Calvary celebrates Easter along with other Moravian churches that comprise the Salem Congregation by sponsoring the Easter Sunrise Service. The service has been held since 1772 and begins in front of historic Home Moravian Church on Salem Square with the inspiring words ‘The LORD is risen!’ The service continues with the Easter Morning Liturgy in God's Acre accompanied by the Moravian band. The Easter Morning Liturgy is known as the Moravian "Confession of Faith," proclaiming faith in the risen Lord's victory over sin and death.
In This Section
News & Events
- DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ENDS -- SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2. Turn your clocks back one hour!
- NEW and JUST RELEASED!! November 2014 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter
- "Calvary Weekly News": October 24-November 2, 2014
- "Month at a Glance": October 2014
- NEW! "Month at a Glance": November 2014
- November 2, 2014, 21st Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, 2014 Stewardship Emphasis begins, Stewardship Luncheon and Fall Church Council after worship (Fellowship Hall)
- November 9, 2014, 22nd Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, Stewardship Emphasis continues
- November 12, 2014, Last Wednesday Weekly 12 Noon Bible Study until January 2015 (Burke)
- November 16, 2014, 23rd Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, Stewardship Emphasis continues
- November 23, 2014, Christ the King Sunday, Stewardship Commitment Sunday and Thanksgiving lovefeast, 11:00 am
- November 28, 2014, Decoration of the sanctuary and church building for Advent and Christmas (afternoon and evening)
- November 30, 2014, First Sunday in Advent, Worship with Advent Liturgy and "Hosanna" anthem at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).