600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Easter Sunrise Service
The journey through Lent and Holy Week ends with a glorious celebration of Christ’s Resurrection at sunrise on Easter morning. Calvary celebrates Easter along with other Moravian churches that comprise the Salem Congregation by sponsoring the Easter Sunrise Service. The service has been held since 1772 and begins in front of historic Home Moravian Church on Salem Square with the inspiring words ‘The LORD is risen!’ The service continues with the Easter Morning Liturgy in God's Acre accompanied by the Moravian band. The Easter Morning Liturgy is known as the Moravian "Confession of Faith," proclaiming faith in the risen Lord's victory over sin and death.
In This Section
News & Events
- NEW! "Calvary Weekly News": January 23-February 1, 2015
- Calvary January 2015 "Mid-Month" Newsletter. Other Calvary publications available under "Downloads and Links."
- "Month at a Glance": January 2015
- January 25, 2015, Third Sunday after the Epiphany, Sunday School, 9:45 am; Worship, 11:00 am
- January 25, 2015, Children's Event - Roller Skating at Skate Land, 2-5 pm
- January 26, 2015, Joint Board, 6:30 pm, Elders and Trustees meetings to follow
- January 27, 2015, Stephen Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- January 28, 2015, Weekly Bible Study, 12 Noon (Burke)
- January 28, 2015, Calvary @ The Table Wednesday evening dinner and programs resume, 5:00 pm
- January 28, 2015, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- January 28, 2015, February 2015 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- January 29, 2015, Catechism Classes resume, 4:00 pm (Burke)
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).