600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Easter Sunrise Service
The journey through Lent and Holy Week ends with a glorious celebration of Christ’s Resurrection at sunrise on Easter morning. Calvary celebrates Easter along with other Moravian churches that comprise the Salem Congregation by sponsoring the Easter Sunrise Service. The service has been held since 1772 and begins in front of historic Home Moravian Church on Salem Square with the inspiring words ‘The LORD is risen!’ The service continues with the Easter Morning Liturgy in God's Acre accompanied by the Moravian band. The Easter Morning Liturgy is known as the Moravian "Confession of Faith," proclaiming faith in the risen Lord's victory over sin and death.
In This Section
News & Events
- NEW! Calvary Weekly News: June 24-July 3, 2016
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- June 2016 "Calvary Mid-Month Newsletter." Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- June 2016 Calendar
- June 26, 2016, Sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 29, 2016, July 2016 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am (2nd floor foyer)
- July 3, 2016, Seventh Sunday after Pentecost and Observance of "National Occasions," Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 4, 2016, Independence Day Holiday/Provincial Holiday (Church Office closed all day)
- July 4, 2016, Independence Day Service, 8:30 am (Salem Square), sponsored by Home Church; Moravian Band prelude beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- July 5, 2016, Salem Band Concert, 7:30 pm (Salem Square); theme: "Annual Patriotic Concert"
- July 10, 2016, Eighth Sunday after Pentecost and Observance of the Martyrdom of John Hus (July 6, 1415), Sunday School, 9:45 am, Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- July 17, 2016, Ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 18, 2016, Joint Board, 6:30 pm (Fellowship Hall), followed by Elders and Trustees meetings
- July 24, 2016, Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 31, 2016, Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's 2016 Congregational Watchword (drawn on January 3, 2016): "For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light - for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true." (Ephesians 5:8-9)
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.