600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Easter Sunrise Service
The journey through Lent and Holy Week ends with a glorious celebration of Christ’s Resurrection at sunrise on Easter morning. Calvary celebrates Easter along with other Moravian churches that comprise the Salem Congregation by sponsoring the Easter Sunrise Service. The service has been held since 1772 and begins in front of historic Home Moravian Church on Salem Square with the inspiring words ‘The LORD is risen!’ The service continues with the Easter Morning Liturgy in God's Acre accompanied by the Moravian band. The Easter Morning Liturgy is known as the Moravian "Confession of Faith," proclaiming faith in the risen Lord's victory over sin and death.
In This Section
News & Events
- Calvary Weekly News: September 23-October 2, 2016
- TIME TO SIGN UP!!!! Calvary's NEW PICTORIAL DIRECTORY is coming! CLICK HERE for details!
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- NEW! "Lovefeast In A Box" order form for 2016. Order now through December 4, 2016!! Print out and mail in or bring form to Calvary. Additional order forms available at Calvary.
- NEW! October 2016 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- September 2016 Church Calendar
- NEW! October 2016 Church Calendar
- Fall 2016 Women's Fellowship Chicken Pies Order Form. 1st available, September 25. Print this order form and mail to Calvary or bring by the church office. Additional dates pies will be available: Oct. 9, Oct. 23 and Nov. 6.
- September 26, 2016, Moravian Ministers Retreat through Sept. 29 (Laurel Ridge)
- September 28, 2016, October 2016 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- September 28, 2016, Weekly Wednesday Bible Study, 12 Noon (Burke)
- September 28, 2016, Calvary @ The Table Dinner and Programs, 5:00 pm (Fellowship Hall)
- September 28, 2016, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- October 2, 2016, Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost and World Communion Sunday, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship with Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- October 2, 2016, Flower Reservations for 2017 open at worship time
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's 2016 Congregational Watchword (drawn on January 3, 2016): "For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light - for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true." (Ephesians 5:8-9)
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.