600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Easter Sunrise Service
The journey through Lent and Holy Week ends with a glorious celebration of Christ’s Resurrection at sunrise on Easter morning. Calvary celebrates Easter along with other Moravian churches that comprise the Salem Congregation by sponsoring the Easter Sunrise Service. The service has been held since 1772 and begins in front of historic Home Moravian Church on Salem Square with the inspiring words ‘The LORD is risen!’ The service continues with the Easter Morning Liturgy in God's Acre accompanied by the Moravian band. The Easter Morning Liturgy is known as the Moravian "Confession of Faith," proclaiming faith in the risen Lord's victory over sin and death.
In This Section
News & Events
- NEW! Calvary Weekly News: March 24-April 2, 2017
- 2017 Easter Flower Order Form. Sponsored by the youth and children. Orders are due no later than April 2, 2017!
- NEW! March 2017 "Calvary Mid-Month Update" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- March 28, 2017, Stephen Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- March 29, 2017, Day of Prayer Holy Communion Service at Fairview Moravian Church, 11:00 am, The Reverend David Marcus, speaker
- March 29, 2017, April 2017 "Connection" Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am (2nd Floor Foyer)
- March 29, 2017, Calvary @ The Table Dinner and Programs, 5:00 pm
- Calvary Congregation Watchword for 2017 (drawn on January 1): [Jesus Christ spoke to his disciples:] "I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.