600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ENDS -- SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2. Turn your clocks back one hour!
- NEW and JUST RELEASED!! November 2014 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter
- "Calvary Weekly News": October 24-November 2, 2014
- "Month at a Glance": October 2014
- NEW! "Month at a Glance": November 2014
- November 2, 2014, 21st Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, 2014 Stewardship Emphasis begins, Stewardship Luncheon and Fall Church Council after worship (Fellowship Hall)
- November 9, 2014, 22nd Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, Stewardship Emphasis continues
- November 12, 2014, Last Wednesday Weekly 12 Noon Bible Study until January 2015 (Burke)
- November 16, 2014, 23rd Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am, Stewardship Emphasis continues
- November 23, 2014, Christ the King Sunday, Stewardship Commitment Sunday and Thanksgiving lovefeast, 11:00 am
- November 28, 2014, Decoration of the sanctuary and church building for Advent and Christmas (afternoon and evening)
- November 30, 2014, First Sunday in Advent, Worship with Advent Liturgy and "Hosanna" anthem at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).