600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- The December 2013 Calvary Connection EXTRA! has just been released!
- Calvary Weekly News: December 5-15, 2013
- Our Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Services: Tuesday, December 24--11:00 am, 4:00 pm & 8:00 pm. Free parking available at the church, on-street and in the Milton Rhodes Art Center across Poplar Street from the church.
- December 12,13 and 14, Annual Candle Tea of Home Church, Brother's House, Old Salem, 1:00-8:30 pm daily except Saturdays - 11:30 am to 8:30 pm (admission charge)
- December 12, 2013, Stewardship Committee, 6:00 pm
- December 12, 2013, RCC Sponsored Lovefeast at Homestead Hills, 7:00 pm
- December 14, 2013, Christmas Pageant Rehearsal, 9:30 am (Sanctuary)
- December 15, 2013, Third Sunday of Advent, Christmas Pageant at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am; Annual "Cookies and Caroling," 4:00 pm (meet at church)
- December 16, 2013, Joint Board, 6:30 pm, followed by Elders and Trustees Meetings, 7:00 pm
- December 17, 2013, Nominating Committee,6:00 pm (Burke Room)
- December 18, 2013, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- December 22, 2013, Fourth Sunday of Advent, Service of Lessons and Carols at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- December 24, 2013, Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Services, 11:00 am, 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- December 25, 2013, The Nativity of our Lord
- December 25-26, Holidays (Church Office Closed); office reopens on December 27 at 8:30 am
- December 27, 2013, January 2014 Newsletter AssemblyTeam, 10:00 am
- December 29, 2013, First Sunday after Christmas, Readings and Carol Service, 11:00 am (No Sunday School)
- December 31, 2013, Watchnight Lovefeast of Salem Congregation at Calvary, 11:00 pm
- January 1, 2014, New Year's Day (Church Office Closed)
- January 5, 2014, Second Sunday after Christmas, Worship with Epiphany Communion at 11:00 am, Installation of the Joint Board during worship
- January 6, 2014, The Epiphany of our Lord
- January 12, 2014, First Sunday after the Epiphany, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- January 14, 2014, Circle #1, 10:30 am (residence of Evelyn Horton Rickert)
- January 16, 2014, Christian Education Committee, 6:00 pm