600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- "Calvary Weekly News": December 12-21, 2014
- NEW! "Calvary Mid-Month Update" Newsletter for December 2014. Other Calvary publications available under "Downloads and Links."
- "Month at a Glance": December 2014
- December 17, 2014, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- December 21, 2014, Fourth Sunday of Advent, "Lessons and Carols" Service, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am
- December 24, 2014, Christmas Eve Lovefeasts, 11:00 am, 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- December 25, 2014, Christmas Day: The Nativity of Our Lord
- December 25-26, 2014, Christmas Holidays, Church Office closed both days
- December 28, 2014, First Sunday after Christmas, "Readings and Carols" Service, 11:00 am (no Sunday School)
- December 31, 2014, January 2015 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- December 31, 2014, New Year's Eve Watchnight Lovefeast, 11:00 pm (at Konnoak Moravian)
- January 1, 2015, New Year's Day Holiday, Church Office Closed
- January 4, 2015, Second Sunday after Christmas, Epiphany Communion, 11:00 am, Installation of the Joint Board during worship, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- January 11, 2015, First Sunday after the Epiphany and observance of The Baptism of Our Lord, Sunday School at 9:45 am; Worship at 11:00 am
- January 18, 2015, Second Sunday after the Epiphany, Sunday School, 9:45 am; Worship, 11:00 am
- January 19, 2015, Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday, Church Office Closed
- January 25, 2015, Third Sunday after the Epiphany, Sunday School, 9:45 am; Worship, 11:00 am
- January 26, 2015, Joint Board, 6:30 pm, Elders and Trustees meetings to follow
- January 28, 2015, Calvary @ The Table Wednesday evening dinner and programs resume, 5:00 pm
- January 29, 2015, Catechism Classes resume, 4:00 pm
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).