600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- GRADUATING THIS SPRING? Please call the church office with graduate information. Graduates will be recognized during worship on May 31!
- NEW! "Calvary Weekly News": May 22-31, 2015
- May 2015 "Calvary Mid-Month Update" newsletter. Other Calvary publications available under "Downloads and Links."
- "Month at a Glance": May 2015
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- May 26, 2015, Stephen Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- May 27, 2015, June 2015 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- May 27, 2015, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- May 31, 2015, Trinity Sunday, and Youth/Baccalaureate Sunday, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 1, 2015, Music and Worship Committee, 6:30 pm (Burke)
- June 8, 2015, Missions Committee, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- June 7, 2015, Second Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 10, 2015, July 2015 Newsletter Closing Date/Time, 4:30 pm
- June 14, 2015, Third Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 21, 2015, Fourth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- June 24, 2015, July 2015 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- June 28, 2015, Fifth Sunday after Pentecost and Observance of National Occasions, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- July 3, 2015, July 4th Holiday (Church Office closed)
- July 4, 2015, Independence Day Morning Worship (sponsored by Home Church), 8:30 am (Salem Square)
- July 5, 2015, Sixth Sunday after Pentecost, Sunday School, 9:45 am, John Hus Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2015 Watchword: "I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6).