600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- Calvary Weekly News: February 17-26, 2017
- Calvary Congregation Watchword for 2017 (drawn on January 1): [Jesus Christ spoke to his disciples:] "I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
- NEW! March 2017 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- Latest Calvary Calendar: February 2017
- February 26, 2017, Transfiguration Sunday, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship, 11:00 am
- February 28, 2017, Stephens Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- March 1, 2017, Ash Wednesday, Pancake Supper, 5:00 pm (Fellowship Hall), Service of Holy Communion and the Imposition of Ashes, 6:30 pm (Sanctuary)
- March 5, 2017, First Sunday in Lent, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Worship with Holy Communion, 11:00 am
- March 5, 2017, Day of Prayer Lovefeast at Christ Moravian Church, 2:00 pm, The Reverend Kelly Moore, speaker
- March 22, 2017, Day of Prayer at Calvary, Reception, 9:45 am (Fellowship Hall), Worship, 11:00 am (Sanctuary), The Reverend Dr. Nola Reed Knouse, speaker
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.