600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- "Calvary Weekly News": November 13-23, 2014
- "November 2014 Calvary Mid-Month Update." Other Calvary publications available under "Downloads and Links."
- "Month at a Glance": November 2014
- November 23, 2014, Christ the King Sunday, Stewardship Commitment Sunday and Thanksgiving lovefeast, 11:00 am, Stewardship emphasis: "Grow"
- November 25, 2014, Stephen Ministries, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- November 26, 2014, December 2014 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- November 27-28, 2014, Thanksgiving Holidays, Church Office Closed both days
- November 28, 2014, Decoration of the sanctuary and church building for Advent and Christmas (afternoon and evening)
- November 30, 2014, First Sunday in Advent, Worship with Advent Liturgy and "Hosanna" anthem at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- December 3, 2014, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- December 4, 2014, Christmas Lovefeast Planning Meeting, 4:00 pm (Burke)
- December 4-6 and 11-13, 2014, Annual Candle Tea, Brother's House, Thursdays and Fridays, 1:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Saturdays, 11:30 am to 8:30 pm
- December 7, 2014, Second Sunday in Advent, Worship, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Candle Trimming, 3:00 pm
- December 14, 2014, Third Sunday in Advent, Children and Youth Christmas Pageant, 11:00 am (no Sunday School), "Caroling and Cookies" in the afternoon (details TBD)
- December 21, 2014, Fourth Sunday in Advent, "Lessons and Carols" Service, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am
- December 24, 2014, Christmas Eve Lovefeasts, 11:00 am, 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- December 25, 2014, Christmas Day: The Nativity of Our Lord
- December 25-26, 2014, Christmas Holidays, Church Office closed both days
- December 28, 2014, First Sunday after Christmas, "Readings and Carols" Service, 11:00 am (no Sunday School)
- December 31, 2014, New Year's Eve Watchnight Lovefeast, 11:00 pm (at Konnoak Moravian)
- January 1, 2015, New Year's Day Holiday, Church Office Closed
- January 4, 2015, Second Sunday after Christmas, Epiphany Communion, 11:00 am, Installation of the Joint Board during worship, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- January 28, 2015, Calvary @ The Table Wednesday evening dinner and programs resume, 5:00 pm
- January 29, 2015, Catechism Classes resume, 4:00 pm
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).