600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- NEW! "Calvary Weekly News": January 30-February 8, 2015
- February 2015 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications available under "Downloads and Links."
- "Month at a Glance": January 2015
- Month at a Glance": February 2015
- February 1, 2015, Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany, Worship, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am
- February 1, 2015, "Come and Worship" Group, 12 Noon (Fellowship Hall)
- February 2, 2015, Music and Worship Committee, 6:30 pm (Burke)
- February 4, 2015, Weekly Bible Study, 12 Noon (Burke)
- February 4, 2015, Calvary @ The Table Dinner and Programs, Dinner, 5:00 pm, Programs, 6:00 pm
- February 4, 2015, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- February 5, 2015, Catechism Class, 4:00 pm (Burke)
- February 7, 2015, Downtown Church Center Supper, 5:00 pm (Fellowship Hall)
- February 8, 2015, Fifth Sunday after the Epiphany, Worship, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).