600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- NEW! Calvary Weekly News: March 24-April 2, 2017
- 2017 Easter Flower Order Form. Sponsored by the youth and children. Orders are due no later than April 2, 2017!
- NEW! March 2017 "Calvary Mid-Month Update" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications are shown in "Downloads and Links."
- CALVARY LIVESTREAMING Internet Address (available 15 minutes prior to service): http://custlogin.audiovideoweb.com/lnks/play/8c3flslive2171
- March 28, 2017, Stephen Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- March 29, 2017, Day of Prayer Holy Communion Service at Fairview Moravian Church, 11:00 am, The Reverend David Marcus, speaker
- March 29, 2017, April 2017 "Connection" Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am (2nd Floor Foyer)
- March 29, 2017, Calvary @ The Table Dinner and Programs, 5:00 pm
- Calvary Congregation Watchword for 2017 (drawn on January 1): [Jesus Christ spoke to his disciples:] "I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications.