600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- JUST RELEASED! "Calvary Connection EXTRA!" supplemental monthly newsletter
- "Calvary Weekly News": September 5-21, 2014
- September "Month at a Glance": September 2014
- September 18, 2014, Weekly Catechism Class, 4:00 pm (Burke)
- September 21, 2014, 15th Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- September 23, 2014, Calvary Moravian Friends Tour of Fairview Moravian and New Philadelphia Moravian Churches (more details to come)
- September 23, 2014, Stephen Ministers, 6:00 pm (Burke)
- September 24, 2014, Weekly Bible Study, 12 Noon (Burke)
- September 24, 2014, Calvary @ The Table programs, Dinner-5:00 pm, Program-6:00 pm
- September 24, 2014, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- September 25, 2014, Weekly Catechism Class, 4:00 pm (Burke)
- September 28, 2014, 16th Sunday after Pentecost, Worship at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- September 28, 2014, Salem Band Concert, Salem Square, Theme: "Fall Fest Fund Raising Concert with a Latin flavor," 3:00 pm
- September 29, 2014, October 2014 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- October 1, 2014, Calvary @ The Table dinner and programs, Dinner-5:00 pm, Programs-6:00 pm
- October 1, 2014, Chancel Choir Rehearsal, 7:00 pm
- October 5, 2014, 17th Sunday after Pentecost and World Communion Sunday, Holy Communion at 11:00 am, Sunday School at 9:45 am
- November 19, 2014, Last Wednesday Weekly 12 Noon Bible study until January 2015
- November 23, 2014, Christ the King Sunday, Stewardship Commitment Sunday and Thanksgiving lovefeast, 11:00 am
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2014 Watchword: "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Let your good spirit lead me on a level path." (Psalm 143:10).