600 Holly Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC
Christmas Eve Lovefeasts
The Christmas Eve Lovefeast and Candle Service celebrates the Nativity of our Lord. This service includes the singing of traditional Christmas carols, the reading of the Christmas Story from St. Luke's gospel and a Lovefeast.
At the end of the service candles are distributed. The lights are dimmed and on the last verse of the concluding hymn congregants raise their candles high remembering Christ's words, "I am the light of the world" and "Ye are the light of the world — let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.".
Services are held each Christmas Eve at the following times:
- 11:00 am
- 4:00 pm
- 8:00 pm
A band prelude precedes each service and a nursery is available for infants and small children.
In This Section
News & Events
- NEW! Holy Week 2015 Calendar of Events.
- NEW! "Calvary Weekly News": March 27-April 5, 2015
- NEW! April 2015 "Calvary Connection" monthly newsletter. Other Calvary publications available under "Downloads and Links."
- "Month at a Glance": March 2015
- NEW! "Month at a Glance": April 2015
- Information on Planned Giving to Calvary: Kingdom Building Gifts
- March 27, 2015, Youth Lock-In for Palm Sunday Weekend
- March 29, 2015, Palm Sunday, Worship and Confirmation of Catechism Class participants, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am, Flowering of the Cross (on the lawn after worship)
- March 29, 2015, Easter Band rehearsal, 2:15 pm (Home Church)
- March 29, 2015, Palm Sunday Evening Reading Service, 7:00 pm
- March 30, 2015, Holy Week Reading Service, 7:00 pm
- March 31, 2015, Holy Week Reading Service, 7:00 pm
- April 1, 2015, Holy Week Reading Service, 7:00 pm
- April 2, 2015, Maundy Thursday Holy Communion, 7:00 pm
- April 3, 2015, Good Friday Crucifixion Service, 2:15 pm
- April 3, 2015, Good Friday Lovefeast, 7:00 pm
- April 4, 2015, Great Sabbath Service of Music of Salem Congregation, 7:00 pm (Home Church)
- April 5, 2015, The Resurrection Service, 6:15 am (begins in front of Home Church); The Reverend Joe Moore, presiding minister
- April 5, 2015, Missions Fundraiser Breakfast, following the Easter Sunrise Service, 7:15-10:00 am (Fellowship Hall)
- April 5, 2015, Easter Morning Liturgy and Sermon at Calvary, 11:00 am (no Sunday School)
- April 6, 2015, Easter Monday/Provincial Holiday, Church Office Closed
- April 12, 2015, Second Sunday of Easter, Worship, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am
- April 15, 2015, May 2015 Newsletter closing, 4:30 pm
- April 19, 2015, Third Sunday of Easter, Worship, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am
- April 20, 2015, Joint Board, 6:30 pm (Fellowship Hall), followed by Elders and Trustees meetings
- April 26, 2015, Fourth Sunday of Easter, Worship, 11:00 am, Sunday School,. 9:45 am
- April 29, 2015, May 2015 Newsletter Assembly Team, 10:00 am
- May 3, 2015, Fifth Sunday of Easter and Moravian Music Sunday, Calvary's 122nd Anniversary, Lovefeast, 11:00 am, Sunday School, 9:45 am
- Calvary's Communications: View here a summary of Calvary's print and online communications
- Calvary's 2015 Watchword: "I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6).